Some high probability scenarios of my life:
1) As a busy professional with a full-time job, I come home from work, open up the refrigerator and either see nothing that looks appealing and/or I’m feeling majorly uninspired to cook.
2) I’m returning from a fabulous international or domestic rendezvous and already know as I’m landing at the airport that I have no fresh groceries at home.
3) After a great workout, I’m just hungry. Period.
Easiest thing to do in these scenarios: eat out or order-in. Which isn’t always bad, but it’s definitely more difficult to eat a nutritious, well-balanced meal when you are hungry and looking for the quickest, easiest option. And besides, who wants to negate all the hard work you put in at the gym working out?
That’s where Factor 75 comes in. They are a personal chef, meal delivery service in the Chicagoland area based on the premise that 75% of your fitness results are attributed to what you eat (thus the 75 in their brand name). They combine nutrition science and culinary excellence to design dishes that not only taste amazing, but also give your body the nutrients it needs to perform at its peak. Their tagline: Nutrition for the Modern Lifestyle. I think my scenarios listed above are pretty representative for many of us.
Here’s a quick overview of what Factor 75 does (taken straight from their website):
– We Chef. Our master chefs prepare each meal by hand.
– We Deliver. Your fresh, never frozen meals appear at your door.
– You Thrive. Heat, eat and carry on. You’ve got a life to live!
As the busy professional, international world traveler and worker-outer, this concept is so up my alley. I love that you can place an order in advance for as many meals for the week that you would like (including breakfast, lunch, dinner and coming soon, snacks) and voila, they are at your doorstep. In addition, the meals are reasonably priced. Score!
I had the chance to try out a few Factor 75 vegetarian meals and I really enjoyed them:
- Veggie Burrito Bowl- One of the more popular dishes (even among the meat-eaters) is a layered dish of mashed sweet potato, beans (black, kidney and white), quinoa, pico de gallo of tomatoes, onions and tomatillos, green onions, cilantro and cheddar cheese and chipotle greek yogurt as toppings (served on the side so you can add as much as or as little as you would like or keep it vegan).
- Summer Salad- Chick peas, quinoa, mango, arugula, radicchio, cilantro and basil
- Curry Eggplant- Eggplant with cabbage, carrots, cashews and currants in a coconut curry sauce topped with dry coconut.
It was tough figuring out which was my favorite, but I’m going to go with the summer salad. I wasn’t really expecting a whole lot out of it, but it was so flavorful with the cilantro and basil and light and refreshing with the mango. Perfect for this time of year!
What’s great about Factor 75 is that they are constantly changing up their menu (while keeping a few of the popular dishes constant, like the veggie burrito bowl) so you’ll never get tired of ordering the same old. I was honored when Factor 75 invited me to their office to try out some of their new menu options and give my honest feedback. In addition, we had a brainstorm session to come up with ideas to expand upon their vegetarian offering. How fun and cool…I’m a vegetarian consultant now! Overall, I have to say the Factor 75 team was such a fun group and I was really inspired by their passion and enthusiasm to provide healthy and tasty meals to their clients.
As loyal Vegetarian Tourist followers, Factor 75 is offering all my readers a great special bonus: you can get one free meal (up to $10.95 value) with your first order by using the special link below and putting in the code “vegtourist” with your order. So, what are you waiting for? You’ve got a life to live!!
The link: click here
Code at checkout: vegtourist
Please Note: I was provided Factor 75 products; all opinions are my own.